|   Golden Jubilee Celebrations for the GHSS Boys on 11th February 2012. All the old student's are Invited.   |  

The Schools

   As indicated earlier around 70 per cent of the population of the town is literate. There are five Panchayat Union Elementary Schools including one exclusively for the SC population, one Higher Secondary School for Boys and another Higher Secondary School for Girls in the town. Additionally one Kendriya Vidhyalaya is also there near to the town which was established for the CISF personnel. But a number of students from the town have been admitted in the KV school. Two more recognized private schools are also functioning in the town.

The Government Higher Secondary School for Boys


   The Government Higher Secondary School for boys was initially started on 12-09-1954 as the Zilla Board School for standards up to VIIIth. The school was later, on 30-08-1960, upgraded as the High School. The High school was again upgraded as the Higher Secondary School with effect from 01-07-1978, when the plus 2 educational system was introduced in Tamil Nadu. As the High school (presently the Higher Secondary School for Boys) is completing 50 years in 2010, Golden Jubilee celebration is being conducted for the school by the Old Student Association of the school.

Photos


Previous.   

   Next.

 


The Government Higher Secondary School for Girls


   The Government Higher Secondary School for Girls was started in October 1995 with the purpose of giving exclusive education to the female population of the town as well as surrounding villages. The school was started at the initiative of Mr K Devarajan HM (Retd) who also became the first Headmaster of the school. The land for the school was given free of cost by the trustees of Swami Dakshinamoorthy Madam managed by the Senguntha Mudhaliar community of the town.

Photos


Previous   

   Next